Jul 11, 2016
Also called Drywall Installer and Finisher Lather
Plasterers apply plaster, stucco and other similar materials on interior and exterior walls and ceilings.
These tradespeople typically:
- apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- spray stucco on building exteriors
- clean and prepare surfaces
- mix plaster ingredients
- finish corners and angles and create decorative designs
- spray finishes over walls and ceilings
Plasterers are employed on residential, commercial and industrial construction projects.
Plasterers are represented by two CBTU affiliates:
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC)
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry of the United States and Canada (UA)
Represented by the following CBTU affiliates: