Jul 8, 2016
Painters and decorators apply paint, stain, lacquer, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and other structures.
These tradespeople typically:
- advise customers on colour selections and wall covering options
- read specifications and determine material requirements
- estimate costs
- build and install scaffolding
- remove old wallpaper and paint, repair cracks and holes, and clean surfaces
- mix, thin and apply paint or similar coatings
- measure, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric
Painters and decorators work in the residential, commercial and institutional construction sectors.
Represented by the following CBTU affiliates: