Jul 6, 2016
Heat and frost insulators apply insulation materials to plumbing, air-handling, heating, cooling and refrigeration systems, piping equipment and pressure vessels, and walls, floors and ceilings of buildings and other structures to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, sound or fire.
Heat and frost insulators’ duties may include the following:
- reading and interpreting specifications and selecting appropriate insulation
- measuring, cutting, applying and securing insulating material
- installing vapour barriers
- applying waterproofing cement over insulating materials
- removing insulation from buildings
Heat and frost insulators work mainly in industrial, commercial and institutional construction.
Represented by the following CBTU affiliates: